Friday, October 3, 2008

Delfshaven

Delfshaven is the old neighborhood in Rotterdam, annexed from Delft in the late 1880's. Early immigrants to America in the 1600's left from here, including Henry Hudson of NY river fame. Located west of town, along the river Maas, it is hard not to fall in love with this little island.








































Tapas one night at "Apricots" (note: we attempted to order seafood tapas in the dutch only menu. alas, kip is chicken, not kippered fish, and ooster is oyster sauce, not oysters. nonetheless, it was delicious)


















Look, there's a lovely place overlooking the canal to have a pint...










































and then they pulled down the screen to project the local football match. This pub is perfect.

1 comment:

NOLA said...

This is such a great idea. I almost feel I am with you. Actually I wish I was with you for this trip. I added you to my rss feed to follow you every step.